Company Providing Private Demonstrations at Black Hat USA
BLACK HAT USA 2017, Las Vegas, Nev. (July 26, 2017) – Capsule8 today launched the beta version of Capsule8 Protect, the industry’s first threat prevention and response platform purpose-built for cloud-native environments. Capsule8 Protect brings continuous security to an enterprise’s production environment, allowing them to detect and shut down attacks in the instant they happen. The company is conducting private demonstrations of its beta product at Black Hat USA from July 22-27.
Today’s product announcement coincides with the news that Former RSA Executive Chairman and CEO Art Coviello is joining Capsule8’s board.
Organizations are rapidly shifting toward containerized and microservice architectures. However, this explosive growth brings significant challenges that require solutions to simplify and automate complex security requirements for this next-generation infrastructure. Existing solutions such as security appliances which rely on IP or host names for monitoring simply don’t work in the dynamic world of containers. Meanwhile container-focused security solutions provide some vulnerability scanning and threat alerting but cannot protect large amounts of the legacy infrastructure or actually stop attacks from happening.
“Capsule8’s approach to protecting cloud-native environments is perfectly timed to meet the needs of enterprises who sit on the verge of digital transformation, but feel hamstrung by current security approaches,” said John Viega, CEO of Capsule8. “The seismic shift toward microservices, cloud environments and containers have opened countless new opportunities for businesses to innovate, but legacy security approaches greatly limit organizations ability to make the leap. Capsule8 Protect provides next-gen threat prevention and response that will enable organizations to capitalize on these opportunities without compromising on security.”
Capsule8, founded by an experienced and well-known group of security experts, brings to market the first and only threat prevention and response platform aimed at protecting legacy technology and modern Linux systems and platforms, including entire production environments – without impacting performance. The platform, created working with a select group of design partners consisting of Fortune 500 organizations and well-funded startups, offers key features needed for the next-gen infrastructure, including:
- Visibility: Capsule8 Protect provides the transparency required for real-time protection, monitoring and troubleshooting. Capsule8 delivers real-time visibility cluster wide across system, network and intra-container data to eliminate blind spots.
- Real-Time Threat Prevention: Unlike conventional approaches that rely on batch analytics and alert an organization to an attack hours – or even days – after it occurred, Capsule8 alerts users to an attack instantly. By combining distributed, expert-driven analytics with powerful artificial intelligence techniques, Capsule8 Protect detects attacks in real time.
- Automated Attack Resilience: Capsule8 Protect shuts down both known and zero-day attacks as they occur. Capsule8 offers a “shoot first, ask questions later” approach that can automatically freezes any infected component and replace it without affecting performance.
- Intelligent Investigation: Capsule8 Protect stores all events in a distributed “flight recorder” that allows users to perform detailed forensic investigations, or review historical data for signs of an attack.
- API-first approach: Capsule8 provides security teams with core functional building blocks to create protections that can be used out of the box or customized to meet the specific needs of the customer environment.
- Easy integration: For DevOps teams, Capsule8 offers a simple, one-line install into their platform with no impact on performance. For security teams, Capsule8 delivers straightforward integration with forensic or ops tools such as Slack, Hadoop, Splunk and others.
“Our API-first approach makes it incredibly easy for customers to build their own protection rules and integrate with their existing security tools,” said Dino Dai Zovi, co-founder and CTO, Capsule8. “In the coming months, we’ll open source our platform to enable and encourage collaboration in the development of our technology, and to make sure we are meeting the needs of customers and the open source community. We are committed to delivering open technology that security teams know they can trust.”
General availability of Capsule8 Protect is scheduled for this fall.
To schedule a private demonstration of the beta version of Capsule8 Protect, please contact [email protected]
Founded in fall 2016 and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, Capsule8 is developing the industry’s first and only threat prevention and response platform purpose-built for cloud-native environments. Founded by experienced hackers and seasoned security entrepreneurs, and funded by Bessemer Venture Partners, Capsule8 is making it possible for Linux-powered enterprises to modernize without compromise. Learn more at www.Capsule8.com.