Capsule8 is building the industry’s real-time attack disruption platform for cloud-native environments. We’ve seen first-hand how the growth of big data, cloud, and containerized microservices architectures have caused server infrastructure to change faster than traditional security approaches have been able to keep up with, resulting in reduced visibility, a lack of protection, almost non-existent forensic capabilities, and large-scale breaches having gone unnoticed for years.
Research Scientists perform the research and analysis to innovate and enhance the intelligence of the Capsule8 Protect product, combining deep systems knowledge with novel analysis techniques to enable our engineers to deliver the strongest solutions to address security concerns faced by customers.
- Conduct research and experiments to identify approaches for detecting attack-categories / vulnerability-classes.
- Keep abreast of important software vulnerabilities as they are disclosed, and maintain strong functional knowledge of exploitation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of modern Linux kernels, and the security mechanisms affecting both kernel and userland
- Stay on top of new attacker tools, techniques and procedures at a deep level
- Build effective heuristics to detect attack methods that are likely to be used against customers
- Work with data science team to refine combined heuristics / data science approach
- Build key generic mechanisms for detection and protection wherever appropriate
- Ensure the robustness of attack detection capabilities— no crashes, with minimal false positives and false negatives,
- Ensure performance of attack detection: identify mechanisms for achieving the least impact required to perform attack detection