As “keeper of the culture,” the Human Resource Director will lead all human resources initiatives for Capsule8 out of the Brooklyn office. You’ll have a multifaceted role that is a mix of managing the day-to-day activities of the team, recruiting the talent needed for exceptional growth, and defining a strategy that will make Capsule8 a place where employees want to stay and grow. You will exemplify the core values of Capsule8, acting as both a cultural leader internally and company ambassador externally. You will be someone of integrity, persistence and discretion and possess a genuine desire to see employees lead fulfilling professional lives.
Reporting to the Head of People, you will manage critical tasks including:
- Leading the design, implementation, and delivery of the company’s HR program and initiatives.
- Handling core HR processes of recruiting, on-boarding, training, performance management and organizational planning.
- Understanding business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to further the development of employees within Capsule8.
- Developing recruiting networks and partnerships with top universities and third-party recruiters.
- Creating ongoing programming internally to encourage professional and community improvement .
- Ensuring that all employees live the Capsule8 values.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience in an HR management position.
- Experience building HR systems and policy for a startup during periods of hyper-growth.
- Experience in recruiting talent working with top undergraduate and/or graduate universities and third-party recruiters
- Expertise in organizational development, change management and leadership development.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Possess strong working knowledge of US employment law and practices.